Are you looking for a better nights sleep? You've looked into trying essential oils but not too sure where to start? Start sleeping better with doTERRA. Doterra's pure therapeutic grade essentials oils have been tested and they are effective, because they are non-synthetic and unadulterated, they are PURE.
Essential oils are a natural way to help you sleep better. They contain plant chemicals that work with our bodies to help relax us and calm our busy brains . It is natural chemistry and it is life changing.
First invest in a high quality diffuser like this one:
The TOP 5 doTERRA oils for Sleep.
What oils should I use?
Most importantly, using therapeutic grade essential oils makes all the difference to how your body feels.
You will notice a difference. more info here: www.doterra.com/CA/en/cptg-testing-process
What are the best oils for sleep?
#1 - Lavender. ( This is well know and well tested )
Lavender essential oil contains a plant chemical called linalool, this is a known natural chemical for relaxation and a perfect oil for diffusing at bed time. It is perfect for adults and children.
- diffuse with any or all of the oils in this post
- apply 2 drops to bottoms of feet and temples for sleep ( diffuse near bedside )
- allergies, apply diluted and topically to chest as well as take one drop internally with lemon and peppermint
#2 - Vetiver ( not as well known but SO effective )
If you are looking for one of the more powerful oils when it comes to sleep, THIS is the oil.
It is a thick sap like oil from a grassroot, and has a caramel, smoky smell.
- apply 1-2 drops along spine for sleep issues
- balances PMS emotions, apply to lower abdomen
- supports PTSD management , diffuse
#3 - Cedarwood
Cedarwood essential oil is an excellent choice for diffusing after a long day. It is a plant that is used in traditional medicine ( here in North America especially ) for millennia.
- excellent for eczema
- supports executive functioning
- blend with Lavender for sleep
#4 - Tangerine
Tangerine has a sweet and refreshing smell. It is uplifting but contains the properties of relaxing the mind as well.
- excellent for nervous exhaustion, apply to your wrists or diffuse 4 drops
- you can take a drop under your tongue before bedtime to calm the nerves
#5 - Serenity
This is the restful blend. It is the oil of tranquility and is excellent diffused and applied topically no need to dilute.
- use for anger, stress and anxiety and most of all, sleep issues.
-apply to bottoms of feet and pulse points.
Look at what's inside the bottle:
Lavender Flower, Cedarwood, Ho Wood Leaf, Ylang Ylang Flower, Marjoram Leaf, Roman Chamomile Flower, Vetiver Root, Vanilla Bean Absolute, Hawaiian Sandalwood